Every diver should strive to become a Master Diver.
Course prices begin at $560.
Every diver should strive to become a master of their diving skills. The Master Scuba Diver Certification will put you a unique group of diver who have reached the top. The course is a continuing education certification course for divers who wish to increase their understanding and enjoyment of diving. Emphasis is on student participation and practical application of knowledge in open water after a classroom discussion of subjects. This course is an excellent progression toward NAUI Leadership roles. Some subject areas are a review and expansion of material from previous courses. Each subject area is a progression in study not a definitive study in the particular diving activity. However, instructors will specify performance objectives for related course diving activities, for example, during a navigation dive the student will swim a reciprocal course to within 10 feet (3 m) of its origin. The course may be divided and taught in sections with the student’s Diving/Training Log being signed off for each activity until all requirements are met. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are considered competent to engage in open water diving activities without supervision, provided the diving activities and the areas dived approximate those of training.
OPEN WATER DIVES
A minimum of eight open water dives is required. A maximum of three dives per day shall be applied toward course requirements. No more than one skin dive may count toward the eight dive minimum.
- Emergency procedures and rescue.
- Deep/simulated decompression diving.
- Limited visibility or night diving.
- Underwater navigation.
- Search and recovery – light salvage.
- Skin diving.
- Review of basic scuba skills.
- Environmental study or survey.
- Air consumption (practical application).
- Boat diving.
- Shore diving.
- Hunting and collecting.
- Special interest.
PREREQUISITES FOR ENTERING THE COURSE
- Age: Minimum is 15 years.
- Diver Certification. NAUI advanced certification or the equivalent is required. The instructor is to ensure adequate student knowledge and capability before any open water training and shall use skill or other evaluations to do so.
- Equipment. Students shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist the student in checking all student gear to insure it is adequate and in proper working order.
To fill out our Scuba Training Information form, please click below.