As an Instructor, you will be authorized to
teach all aspects of skin and scuba diving.
Course prices begin at $2500.
The Instructor Training Course (ITC) is designed to train and qualify NAUI Instructor members. During the course future instructors learn effective methods to teach skin and scuba diving in compliance with NAUI Diving Course Standards.
The ITC may be presented in two phases. If done so, Phase One, called an Instructor Training Program (ITP), contains all developmental training except for the final evaluations. During an ITP, candidate practice performances must be evaluated by at least two qualified evaluators, one of whom may be a STW completer and the other an IT or CD. The ITP can be conducted in many formats, ranging in length from a week to an internship over an extended period.
The second or final phase of an ITC so organized is called the IQP, during which a Course Director must be in residence and all final evaluations will be made.
The course assures the NAUI membership that candidates who receive certification as NAUI Instructors have the knowledge, skills, fitness and proper attitude to do so.
PREREQUISITES FOR ENTERING THE COURSE
- General. Meet prerequisites applying to all Leadership courses.
- Dive Certification. Be a currently certified NAUI Assistant Instructor or NAUI Divemaster; or a NAUI PREP Course graduate within the past 12 months.
- Equipment. Provide and be responsible for own instructor-level diving equipment suitable for teaching in open water.
- Experience. Have at least 50 logged dives. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth and activities.
- Materials. See current Guide to NAUI Membership. A detailed and current list of necessary materials shall be provided each candidate in a supplemental fact sheet for specific ITCs.
To fill out our Scuba Training Information form, please click below.